Cost: Easy: $46750 | Medium: $55000 | Hard: $59400
Ray of Doom is the final upgrade on path 1 for the Dartling Gun and it is unlocked at rank 38. Ray of Doom is a persistent flashing beam that pierce through bloons, destroying all bloons within its path.
The Ray of Doom pops bloons every frame, meaning that even Ceramic Bloons are popped in just a second. Also, it has a Popping Power of 100, meaning that if it is placed in a good position, the Ray of Doom can easily destroy Brown rushes and take down large groups of M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. Cool but expensive.
- Ray of Doom is like the Death Ray Vision from Bloons Super Monkey, and they are similar in their effects:
- Both appear to be lasers.
- Both can destroy very quickly.
- Both are the final upgrade on their path. Also, both are on the first path.
- Both is in one direction.
- This is the second most expensive upgrade, after Temple of the Monkey God.
- One Ray of Doom is enough to destroy an entire M.O.A.B. and all its children. Two of these can destroy an entire B.F.B., and 6 of these can destroy a Z.O.M.G.
- The Ray of Doom has roughly the same firepower as the Sun God: however, it does not shoot three projectiles unlike the Sun God, instead, it's one projectile that pops about twice as fast and pops more bloons at once.
- The Ray of Doom used to have ∞ Popping Power. This was decreased to 100 in an update.
- Even if it has reached the popping power limit, it will still pierce through bloons, but not pop them.
- The two upgrades on the other path do not affect the Ray of Doom.