There are a variety of different Projectiles in Bloons Tower Defense 5 and Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe. Some of them are similar in ways, such as Darts and Spears because both are sharp. Every tower can pop everything if it's under the influence of a Monkey Intelligence Bureau.
The most common projectile, used by Dart Monkey, Super Monkey, Monkey Ace, Dartling Gun, and Monkey Buccaneer. It is sharp, meaning that lead bloons and frozen bloons are immune to that, though there are some exceptions:
- If the Splodey Darts premium upgrade is purchased, Dart Monkey's darts will explode, popping lead and frozen bloons, meaning Dart Monkey can pop any bloon.
- Oddly, the Robo-Monkey can pop any bloon, even without Plasma Blasts.
- The Dartling Gun can pop any type of bloon if the Depleted Bloontonium Darts upgrade is purchased.
- Juggernaut's spiked balls can pop Lead Bloons, even without Splodey Darts.
- Spiked balls from Spike Factory can pop lead and frozen bloons because the White Hot Spikes upgrade allows the Spike Factory to produce hot spikes, popping lead and frozen bloons, and because this the Spiked Ball Factory's spikes are hot.
- The White Hot Spikes can pop lead and frozen bloons, because they are hot.
Note: Road Spikes cannot pop lead or frozen bloons, even if they are in the range of a Monkey Intellingence Bureau.
Rings of FireEdit
Rings of fire are exclusive to the Ring of Fire tower. It uses fire, meaning that can pop any bloon.
Blades are exclusive to the Blade Shooter. Lead and frozen bloons are immune to that.
Bullets are used by the Sniper Monkey. Bullets are sharp, meaning they can't pop lead and frozen bloons. Exceptions:
- A Sniper Monkey with the Full Metal Jacket upgrade can pop lead and frozen bloons.
- Oddly, a Sniper Monkey with Semi-Automatic Rifle can pop lead and frozen bloons without having the Full Metal Jacket upgrade.
Boomerangs are used by the Boomerang Thrower. Boomerangs are sharp, meaning they can't pop lead and frozen bloons. Exceptions:
- If a Boomerang Thrower has the Sonic Boom upgrade, then it can pop frozen bloons, and if it has the Red Hot 'Rangs upgrade, then it can pop lead bloons.
Glaives are used by the Glaive Thrower. Glaives are sharp, meaning they can't pop lead and frozen bloons. Exceptions:
- If a Glaive Thrower has the Sonic Boom upgrade, then it can pop frozen bloons, and if it has the Red Hot 'Rangs upgrade, then it can pop lead bloons.
- Glaive Lord's glaives can pop any bloon, even without path 2 upgrades.
Shurikens are used by the Ninja Monkey. Shurikens are sharp, meaning they can't pop lead and frozen bloons.
Flash bombs are exclusive to the Flash Bombs Ninja Monkey. Flash bombs explode on impact, also stunning nearby Bloons, meaning that lead and frozen bloons are vulnerable to that. It can also pop Blacks and Zebras, because they use bloontonium.
- Using a Tier 3 Bombing Range the Bomb Tower can now pop black and zebra bloons.
- With Bloon Impact each bomb can now pop black and zebra bloons.
- Spectre's bombs can pop any bloon.
- Using a Tier 3 Bombing Range the Missile Launcher can now pop black and zebra bloons.
- With Bloon Impact each missile can now pop black and zebra bloons.
- Hydra rockets can pop any bloon, even if they explode on impact.
- The M.O.A.B. Assassin ability's missiles can pop 1 layer of the black or zebra bloons; however this only works if the black/zebra bloon is the strongest bloon on the map.
- The 1/3 Robo-Monkey can pop any bloon, even without Plasma Blasts.
- With Depleted Bloontonium Darts, the Dartling Gun's lasers can pop lead bloons.
- Ray of Doom, High Energy Beacon, Bloonday Device and Meerkat Spy Pro's lasers can pop any bloon.
Magic orbs are used from the Monkey Apprentice. They can pop any bloon.
They are used from the Disciple of Air. They will not pop bloons, but they blow back a fair distance. Affected bloons will lose their frozen or glued status. Lead bloons are not affected.
Not to be confused with Tiny Tornadoes.
They are used from the Master of Air. They will pop bloons and blow back bloons. However, lead bloons are popped but not be blowed back.
Not to be confused with the Dreadnought.
Bananas are used from the Monkey Farmer Pro. They cannot pop lead or frozen bloons.
Tentacles are used from the Activate Sea Monster! ability. They can pop any bloon type.
Acorns are exclusive to the Angry Squirrel. If it is raging, acorns can also pop lead bloons. Lead and frozen bloons are immune to that.
Snowballs are exclusive to the Mad Snowman. They freeze bloons and pop them before freezing. White bloons are immune to that.
Watermelons are exclusive to the Watermelon Spitter. Watermelons cannot pop lead or frozen bloons.
Bees are exclusive to the Beekeeper. Bees cannot get into lead or frozen bloons.