Deflation Mode is a special mode that appears in Bloons Tower Defense 5 and Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe. It is an endurance mode. In Deflation Mode you start out with 50,000 money, but popping bloons won't give you money. Banana Farms are disabled. No income is given at the end of a round. You will not be able to get any additional money during the game, making this mode extra hard. Cash Injection and the Supply Drop upgrade for the Sniper Monkey are all disabled. You will not get money if you sell a tower. Not being able to get any more cash will really cripple players, so this mode is only for people who are good at Bloons Tower Defense 5, or know what they're doing. This also helps put the fine line between the strong and the weak. This mode is not recommended if you don't have high XP on your towers.
Helpful Premium ItemsEdit
- Double Cash: An extra $50,000 money can come in handy making a total of $100,000!
- Bigger Beacons: Monkey Villages give discounts in a wide radius, saving big money for towers (especially expensive ones!).
- Special Agents may save your lives with just that little bit more firepower, especially Meerkat Spy which can save you $4500 over a Monkey Village with the Radar Scanner and Super Monkey Storm which, effectively, delays game over by a round per use.
- Use Monkey Villages and Specialty Buildings to have lower prices.
- Use Sun God, Arctic Wind and Spike Factories to get far in this mode. Also Dartling Gunners can help (especially the Bloon Area Denial System).
- Technological Terror is bad to use in this mode, because the ability requires a lot of time to recharge, it can't pop Camo Bloons and it is very expensive.
- In Deflation Mode, the Banana Farm is disabled, but if you press V you can use a Banana Farm; however, it will earn you no money despite how far upgraded. It will, however, earn you lives if you have the Healthy Bananas premium upgrade.
- First Deflation for Daily Challenge is Jan 31, 2012 and the track is Archipelago.
- The highest round achieved in Deflation Mode is 188 and the track is Bloon Circles.
- Monkey Town, an upgrade of the Monkey Village increases the money bonus; but if you buy this, except increasing range, it hasn't any effect.
- You start from round 30 in Deflation Mode.